Physiotherapy clinics, like any other health institution, are governed by strict service standards and have different areas of expertise. Whether you’re suffering from a specific health condition or have suffered a sports injury, choosing the ideal South Surrey clinic is vital. A poorly selected physiotherapist may result in delayed treatment outcomes, greater cost, and potential feelings of frustration. The physiotherapy clinic you choose should be able to understand your health condition and determine treatment goals.
There are several physical therapy experts offering services near Surrey, BC. If you’re looking for Surrey physiotherapy, we’ve got your back! Here is a comprehensive list of 6 things you should consider when selecting a physiotherapy clinic for you or your loved ones!
1. Expertise: Physiotherapy covers a wide range of services. You should seek out a physiotherapist with the relevant qualification for your particular problem. For example, if you’re in pain due to a bad back, a clinic that understands musculoskeletal conditions is helpful. If you’re dealing with tendinitis or bursitis, an expert in massage therapy could be the right choice. If you’re looking for a reduction in headaches, a physiotherapy spot that practices intramuscular stimulation may be the recovery service you need. Choosing from an area of expertise is really important before considering the treatment for a particular condition.
2. Qualification: It’s essential to check that your physiotherapist is fully qualified and fully accredited, just as when you deal with any health professional. A physiotherapist is required to have completed a degree from an approved educational institution before working in physiotherapy. Make sure you check the qualification of your physiotherapist before your treatment begins. At Synergy Rehab, our multidisciplinary practice consists of rehabilitation and pain management specialists that range from physiotherapists and chiropractors to kinesiologists and registered massage therapists. Our collaborative teamwork approach ensures that every patient can experience a holistic recovery. You can browse our wide range of qualified practitioners here.
3. Location: If your injury or illness requires long-term treatment, the last thing you need is to be driving for long stretches of time to get to your physiotherapy appointment. Location is something that should be considered when choosing the perfect physiotherapy clinic for you. Driving or moving long distances is not wise and advisable when you have musculoskeletal problems or when you’re recovering from surgery. Give preference to physiotherapy that is close by, or easy to get to! This said, if the clinic does not have the aforementioned qualifications and expertise, it’s not worth sacrificing quality of treatment for ease of location.
4. Methods of Treatment: Traditionally, physiotherapists use techniques like movement and massage, but there’s a much wider range of rehabilitation services used today. At Synergy Rehab, we offer pre/post-natal physiotherapy, vestibular therapy, cold laser therapy, and more. When choosing a physiotherapy clinic, ask if a preferred alternative treatment is available.
5. Reputation: Before finalizing your physiotherapy surrey choice, make sure you do research on what other similar patients have to say about their experience with the clinic. Doing a basic google search and reading or watching reviewsshould be enough to give you a good idea.
6. Availability: One of the most important considerations is whether your physiotherapist is available. When you’re in pain, a waiting list is the last thing you need to be put on. It’s important to get treated as quickly as possible, so ask about the workload. This can be essential if you suffer a relapse and need emergency attention. Small practices can offer superb treatment, but larger clinics are better able to handle the availability issue.
Choosing a Physiotherapist
The process of finding a local Surrey physiotherapy clinic doesn’t have to be hard. A skilled therapist can use manual and innovative techniques to help treat your injury, illness, or disease.
During your first assessment at Synergy Rehab, you can feel comfortable asking any questions or concerns to your registered physiotherapist. If you’re suffering from chronic pain or are seeking pain relief, don’t wait any longer!
Schedule a same day physiotherapy appointment across one of our 11 locations in surrey bc!