- What is Active Rehabilitation?
Active Rehabilitation is a light exercise program designed by a Kinesiologist or a physical therapistto increase the functionality level of a human body and address injuries.The purpose of this program is to treat those patients who are suffering from physical injuries and unable to perform normally.
Image: Active Rehabilitation
This program helps with strains, soft tissue strains, knee and ankle pain, neck and back pain, shoulder pain, balance problems, and more. Active Rehabilitation has three types:
- Occupational Rehabilitation
The primary aim of Occupational Rehabilitation is participation. This program is encouraged and enables people to participate in daily life activities and motivate them to stand on their feet.
Image: Occupational Rehabilitation
The physical therapists ensure that disable, injured and ill individuals can function and perform well in all the environments and every field of life.Occupational Rehabilitation can treat elbow, hand, and wrist.
- Physical Rehabilitation
Physical Rehabilitation increases the quality and functionality of a human body and allows regaining your independence.
Image: Physical Rehabilitation
It’s the best and effective process to recover a man from serious injury or disability. Physical Rehabilitation can treat ACL Tear, Spinal Stenosis, Osteoporosis, Bursitis, etc.
- Speech Rehabilitation
Speech Rehabilitation is a program for those people who have speech disorders and communication problems. This program is run by speech therapists (SLPs) and the target of this program is to improve communication.
Image: Speech Rehabilitation
It helps people to express themselves without any hesitation. Speech therapists treat people with some techniques, like lip, tongue, and jaw exercise and facial massage. Also, they strengthen jaw and face muscles to restore communication ability and for eating and drinking.
2. Which Methods Involve in Active Rehabilitation?
For the restoration of functional ability and endurance, stretching and light exercises are involved in rehabilitation. Hydrotherapy is one of the best treatments to balance the body, improve body perception, and strengthen your muscles. Besides this, light therapy is also a part of rehabilitation. It’s an effective method of growing cells of the skin by sun exposure. Physiotherapy, speech therapy, snoezelen, intensive stretching, wheelchair techniques for fitness, group classes, and health education is also the parts and involved in active rehabilitation.
3. Benefits of Active Rehabilitation
If you have been injured while playing, suffered a car accident, experienced pain and illness then rehabilitation is for you. It helps you to recover and get back to your normal life or daily activities. By rehabilitation, you can recover in no time with less pain and in an effective way.The benefits of active rehabilitation are marvelous and it can change someone’s life completely. Here are some tremendous benefits of rehabilitation:
a) The Physical Changes and Benefits of Rehabilitation
- You can move or work more easily without any pain or less pain. Also, rehabilitation helps you to restore your functionality and mobility.
- It’s keeping your muscle flexible and strengthens.
- Rehabilitation reduces the pain and swelling in the affected joints.
- It helps you a lot to balance your body.
- It helps with the limb and deformities problems.
- By this, you can reduce lactic acid.
- Rehabilitation increases blood flow in your body and promotes to the muscles and joints.
- It makes you fit and maintain your workout routine.
- Rehabilitation maintains your heart rate and that is necessary for a human body.
- Quick recovery after surgery, disease, and injury.
- Enhance your body performance and fitness.
- It helps you a lot to relieve pain, so you can enjoy every moment of your life without any discomfort.
- Effective method or treatment without any surgery and medication.
- It promotes healing.
- Itstrengthens yourself to face challenges.
- It helps with the posture problem and decreases the intensity of muscle spasms.
b) The Lifestyle Changes and Benefits of Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation helps you to reduce stress and focus on your particular goal. Also, it allows you to get back to your work and earn some handsome amount of income to meet your financial expenses and live a healthy and wealthy life.
- Rehabilitation makes you wise and better to do something different and take strict and beneficial decisions for your life and family members.
- Besides this, it helps you to get back to your sports and exercises that are necessary and beneficial for your health. You can live your life as you were living. Also, sports and exercises are good sources and activities to judge your health and fitness.
- By rehabilitation, you can overcome your hesitation, shyness, and inferiority complex. Rehabilitation teaches you to see a world with a positive sight and gives a chance to show the confidence to the people.
- Rehabilitation also improves your communication and makes you gentle to communicate with everyone without any flaws and sit between the people with ethics. It also teaches you how to eat, sleep, and drink in a positive and good manner.
- You can get all the benefits from rehabilitation; no doubt it’s a life-changing treatment.
c) Some Psychological Changes and Benefits of Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation makes you able to deal with your problems psychologically and makes you strong to face circumstances with confidence.
- It will boost your memory and change your thinking. By this, you can understand people and easily identify good or bad people who are affecting your life.
- People are hurt by injuries or tragedies and lose their hopes. Rehabilitation helps them to feel hopeful and make the future better.
- Rehabilitation also provides opportunities for people to learn some skills. They conduct short skill courses for people to manage their conditions and compete with society.
- The therapists support their clients to build social connections in the community so that they may consider themselves part of this society.
There are many types of accidents or incidents in our life due to which we consider life and others to be minor and inconvenient. Life becomes full of challenges and if we do not face challenges, we will be far behind. Rehabilitation centers not only treat but also develop our physical and cardiovascular. Rehabilitation centers teach us that it is not about what we lost but about what we can achieve? It is very important to have rehabilitation centers in any country that can solve people’s physical, mental, and cardiovascular problems and show them the best and useful way of living.